Thursday 8 August 2013

A Familiar face after a long time ….. Rotterdam

Anticipation filled me after a long time for this was the first stop where I would meet an old Raffles Hall (University Hostel) buddy who was at Rotterdam studying for a master degree. I had not met a soul from my past life for nearly three months and this was going to be a first time. Everyone else I interacted never knew my past … and of course you choose what to reveal … or make up …

“Bang”was a junior of mine of the same discipline … Civil Engineering and a fellow sportsman of the local sports back home ‘Sepak Takraw’. I was excited but at the same time nervous for its been a really long time since I met someone whom I could not erase off my face book and know they will never find me again …

CATCH UP …. DRINKS at a PUB Nightclub

Wifi & Internet surely saved my phone bill and we figured out a date and place to meet up.

“We’ll go for drinks at a pub”, Bang said …
“Meet you at Asian Night at 1145 pm”, Bang said ….

I was still puffing as much weed as I could consume knowing time was running short and I would have to part with it in the near future at the Belgium border. Came time for the meet up I was outside this mystical PUB …. That looked like a Nightclub …. The queue was crazily long and for being in Europe … there was lots of Asians around …

Me & Bang Outside the Night Club- Rotterdam

For a moment I thought I was really high … or maybe its just different definition of Pubs in Rotterdam. Bang arrived in a old fashion Netherlands style bicycle and for a moment it was back to ole self just like back home. Later I found out I was tricked into going to a Nightclub which was a special event called Asian Night where all the Asians in the city goes for clubbing … feel closer to home kinda feel. Bah … Should’ve known from the name itself …

I was happy as long as I had by drugs and alcohol, but my friend seam to be on the prowl …. I gave him the raised eyebrow … like “what the hell have you been up too” …. unfortunately I got the same look back from him as well since I been traveling crazily … then again I still get them till this day …. Side effect from traveling the world … people look at you slightly differently …

Happy and Merry getting drunk after a long long time …. I rarely got drunk during my travels …. Was overly cautious since I was alone ….. But the weed speed up things …. And when the party died down it was back home to the hostel for me. Bang gave me a ride on the antique bicycle …. He told me it was illegal to pillion on a bicycle in Holland but WTH …

No comments:

Post a Comment